ZEN-SEM

Friday, January 13, 2006

Google Local & Google Maps Now Displaying Paid Sponsor Links

Danny Sullivan blogged on this topic yesterday on the SEW blog --> Google Tests New Local Ads On Maps so I thought I would check it out for myself.

My keyword query of choice -- hotels in Dallas

I quickly spotted the textual paid sponsor links in the top left-hand corner...but like Danny and many others who have blogged on this topic...I too don't see the mysterious blue push pins like David Galbraith originally spotted!

IMO...I believe placing some sort of graphical identifier (blue pins work fine) on the map that is associated with the textual paid sponsor links would generate a much great CTR than having just the textual paid sponsor links in the top left-hand corner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home